Cornerstone Housing Ltd is a not-for-profit community housing company
Originally established as an incorporated association in 1996 trading as the Lutheran Community Housing Support Unit, Cornerstone Housing promotes the provision of housing for low to middle income earners, primarily for disadvantaged groups of people such as:
- Single parents and families
- The elderly
- People with an intellectual or physical disability
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
- Victims of domestic violence
Our main funding body is Renewal SA via the State Government with the titles to our community housing properties in the name of Cornerstone Housing Ltd.
The NRS seeks to:
- provide consistent regulation that supports the growth and development of the community housing sector
- provide the finance sector with the confidence to invest in community housing
- reduce the regulatory burden for community housing organisations working across jurisdictions
- provide a level playing field for providers seeking to enter new jurisdictions.