Download the handbook for printing

Download PDF (1.5 MB)


The following information will help you to understand everything you need to know about renting your home from Cornerstone Housing.

Office address 73 Nelson Street, Stepney SA 5069
Postal address PO Box 100, Marden SA 5070
General inquiries 08 8165 5300
Housing Services
Water accounts
Emergency maintenance 0413 618 810

Our Tenant Handbook answers all the questions you might have about your tenancy, including information about before, during and after your tenancy, as well as your responsibilities towards maintenance.

You can also download a PDF of the handbook for printing.

If you have a question that is not covered in the handbook, please call our friendly Housing Services team on 8165 5300 to speak with your allocated Housing Officer.

Cornerstone Housing is a not-for-profit community housing company.

Originally established as an incorporated association in 1996 trading as the Lutheran Community Housing Support Unit, Cornerstone Housing promotes the provision of housing for low-to-middle-income-earners, primarily for disadvantaged groups of people such as:

  • single parents and families
  • the elderly
  • people with an intellectual or physical disability
  • Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders
  • students
  • refugees
  • victims of domestic violence


Our main funding body is the South Australian Housing Authority (SAHA) via the state government, with the titles to our community housing properties in the name of Cornerstone Housing Ltd.

Cornerstone Housing is regulated by the Office of Housing Regulation through the National Regulatory System (NRS).

Our properties are managed internally with support through our local support groups (LSGs).

OUR VISION is for all people to know Jesus, and be integrated into the body of Christ through the vehicle of Christian-based housing.

OUR MISSION through Christ is to deliver high-quality housing, services, and support for people in need.

Local support groups (LSGs) are made up of local churches and interested members within the area that your house is located. These churches are of all denominations, have a strong mission focus, and support the underprivileged.

LSGs are available to help you in all aspects of your tenancy and life matters. Some services may include:

  • providing useful information and resources
  • organising working bees
  • organising community outreach days
  • providing counselling support where available
  • organising social activities
  • referring to support agencies.


LSGs operate in multiple suburbs around Adelaide and outlying areas.

To be put in touch with an LSG, please contact Cornerstone.

Parts of this Tenant Handbook are reproduced under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence –

Cornerstone Housing reserves the right to amend or update this document without notice.


The lease agreement
The lease you signed at the start of your tenancy is a legally binding document and sets out the terms of the agreement. This includes the house address, the rent amount, how rent is to be paid, how long the agreement is, and any other conditions.

Cornerstone operates under a set of policies as regulated by the National Regulatory System (NRS) and South Australian Housing Authority (SAHA).

The main policies relevant to your tenancy are:

  • Bond Management Policy
  • Domestic Violence & Intervention Order Policy
  • Eligibility, Applications & Allocations Policy
  • Occupancy Management Policy
  • Tenancy Commencement Policy
  • Security of Tenure Policy
  • Succession Policy
  • Tenancy Cessation Policy
  • Bushfire Policy
  • Decant Policy
  • Grievance and Complaints Policy
  • Appeals Policy
  • Antisocial Behaviour Policy
  • Rent Policy
  • Privacy Policy


The current versions of these policies are available at

Information brochure
During your sign-in, you were provided with an information brochure that summarises the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (but doesn’t replace it). The information brochure sets out the general rights and obligations of landlords and tenants renting or leasing a residential property in South Australia.

Property inspection sheet
At the beginning of your tenancy, you will be required to complete and sign two copies of a property inspection sheet. This is a prescribed form (required under the law) used to note the condition and cleanliness of your property at the time you move in, to be compared with if you vacate.

Please ensure that this form is completed as accurately as possible, and return one of the copies to the Cornerstone office within 14 days of your tenancy start date.

Cornerstone does not provide insurance for your personal possessions. We recommend you seek advice in taking out a household contents insurance policy to cover your personal belongings against any damage or theft.

Cornerstone will provide and maintain locks and other devices as necessary to ensure that the premises are reasonably secure. Neither Cornerstone nor you, the tenant, shall alter, remove, or add any lock or device without the consent of the other party.

Cornerstone does not provide or allow the use of keyed deadlock mechanisms on its properties due to safety and fire concerns. If a deadlock mechanism is to be used, it must have a hand-turned snib on the inside of the door.

Smoke detectors
Under its regular programmed maintenance, Cornerstone will ensure that all hard-wired smoke detectors are installed and maintained in all of its properties.

Things to Note

  • Do not overload your power outlets, especially with multiple power boards.
  • Never attempt any electrical, plumbing or gas repairs yourself.
  • Do not store any flammable liquids in large quantities in or around your home.
  • Remember to control weed and grass growth to avoid fire hazards.
  • Remember to advise Cornerstone of any fire dangers or other hazards.

If you are in doubt about any safety aspects of your home, please contact Cornerstone immediately.


In general, we expect you to:

  • pay for all damage caused by you or visitors to your property
  • report any damage to the property or state of disrepair that arises to Cornerstone
  • eradicate any household pests (eg cockroaches, ants, mice) that become evident during your tenancy
  • keep the property in a reasonable state of cleanliness and safe from fire or other hazards (eg don’t allow rubbish or items to build up).
During your tenancy, you may receive invoices from Cornerstone (eg water usage and supply charges).

Payment of all invoices must be made by the due date specified on the invoice. If payment of the invoice causes undue hardship, we encourage you to call Cornerstone before the invoice due date to discuss arranging a payment plan.

Unpaid invoices may result in the matter being referred to the South Australian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (SACAT).

Tenants on a Centrelink benefit may be eligible for water and council concessions. This scheme is available to Cornerstone to help keep our operating costs to a minimum.

If required, you will need to obtain these concessions on Cornerstone’s behalf, as directed by our Finance department.

We greatly appreciate your support in this matter.

Water usage
Cornerstone may pass on the charges for water supply and usage as specified in your tenancy agreement.

Where there is only one meter for a group of properties, the water charges will be divided evenly between all tenants sharing the meter.

Cornerstone will send you an invoice for your water charges, usually every three months, with a copy of the original SA Water account.

At the end of your tenancy, Cornerstone will arrange to read the water meter in order to calculate the final water charge.

Cornerstone operates with a no-pet policy.

As the landlord, Cornerstone reserves the right to adopt this policy, however, we understand that in certain circumstances pets can be valuable companions and can create a secure environment.

In these situations, Cornerstone will allow applicants/tenants to apply to have a pet at their property.

The decision to allow pets will be based on the location of the property, property size, and property type, and will be at the sole discretion of Cornerstone. Pets should not be bought or adopted before permission is granted by Cornerstone.

When your tenancy agreement is due to expire, instead of completing a new lease, you may be provided with a ‘lease extension’. The lease extension simply extends the term of the initial tenancy agreement and provides a new rent rate.

It is important to always return the lease extension document by the return date, otherwise, Cornerstone may terminate the tenancy.

During your tenancy, you will have property inspections. Some of the things we look at include:


  • general cleanliness of the property (eg no build-up of rubbish)
  • stove/oven/rangehood
  • stainless steel surfaces (eg sink)
  • exhaust/ceiling fans
  • presence of mould
  • vents
  • windows, windowsills and tracks
  • door/window screens
  • cupboard doors
  • marks on walls, doors, around light switches
  • light fittings (if possible/applicable)
  • all floors and skirtings
  • shower and shower screens
  • toilets
  • mirrors



  • driveways, sheds, carports and all concrete areas
  • gutters (if possible/applicable)
  • lawns and gardens
If you accidentally lock yourself out of your house or lose your keys, it is your responsibility to either pay for a locksmith to assist you to regain entry or arrange to collect and return spare keys from the Cornerstone office during normal office hours.

Please note that if the keys are not returned to our office within 24 hours, you will be charged for the cost of rekeying the property.

Cornerstone operates under an Antisocial Behaviour Policy.

If you believe that your safety or the safety of others is at risk, call the police on 131 444 (or 000 in an emergency).

Antisocial behaviour interferes with the reasonable peace, comfort or privacy of neighbours and residents. It can include but isn’t limited to threats, harassment, obscene language, assault, property damage, and making excessive noise.

Noise or activity associated with daily life, such as children playing, isn’t considered antisocial behaviour. These issues can usually be resolved by talking to the neighbour or contacting a mediation service for help.

How to deal with a dispute:

  • Be prepared to be reasonable and compromise – you are entitled to live peacefully and so are they.
  • Don’t engage in arguments with your neighbour or their visitors.
  • Don’t threaten or be aggressive towards your neighbour or their visitors.
  • Don’t engage in any illegal activity, eg trespass and vandalism.


Responsibilities of Cornerstone tenants
As part of the lease agreement, Cornerstone tenants must respect the rights and privacy of their neighbours and ensure visitors to their home behave properly.

Tenants must not:

  • make excessive noise
  • damage the property or common areas
  • threaten or abuse others
  • use the property for illegal activity.


Any substantiated instance of antisocial behaviour is a breach of your tenancy agreement.

Lodge a complaint
You can lodge a complaint about a Cornerstone tenant’s behaviour with Cornerstone.

If your complaint relates to a property that isn’t Cornerstone’s, for example, it’s rented privately and is not managed by Cornerstone, Cornerstone cannot deal with your complaint.

Complaints must be made in writing to Cornerstone, or via the website.

If the behaviour is ongoing, keep an antisocial behaviour complaint diary detailing each specific disturbance:

  • where it happened and a description of the event
  • how it affected you
  • what action you took eg reported animal noise to your local council.
If friends or family are planning to visit and stay with you for more than six weeks, you must first seek approval from Cornerstone. If approved, your rent will be reviewed, taking into account your revised household income in line with the Cornerstone’s Rent Policy. Periods of fewer than six weeks do not need approval.
If you are planning to be away for a period longer than two weeks, you should let Cornerstone know. You should also arrange for a trusted friend or neighbour to check your property and collect your mail. You must, of course, keep your rent up to date (ie two weeks in advance at all times) while you are away.

If you are planning to be away for a period longer than four weeks, written advice and approval must be obtained from Cornerstone.

If you would like to arrange for a friend or family member to act as a caretaker in your home while you are away, please discuss with Cornerstone before your departure.

If you breach your tenancy agreement, you will be notified in writing of the breach. If the breach is unresolved by the date specified in the notice, the matter will be referred to SACAT.

Cornerstone will respect the principles of natural justice for tenants (eg access to information, giving reasons for decisions, internal and external review of decisions, and privacy) and will treat tenants fairly, efficiently, and with respect.

For more information about the termination of tenancies:


Under the Residential Tenancies Act 1995, landlords and tenants share the responsibility for maintaining the condition of the rented premises.

Landlords have an obligation to ensure that the premises and ancillary property are in a reasonable state of repair at the beginning of the tenancy and to keep them in a reasonable state of repair having regard to their age, character and prospective life.

Tenants have an obligation to keep the premises and ancillary property in a reasonable state of cleanliness and must not intentionally or negligently cause or permit damage to the premises or ancillary property. At the end of the tenancy, the tenant must leave the premises in a reasonable condition, and in a reasonable state of cleanliness, taking into consideration any reasonable wear and tear that has occurred since the tenant took possession of the premises.

Tenants should notify Cornerstone of any maintenance and repairs needed. The work will be assigned to a contractor to investigate, repair, or replace as the circumstances require.

Incorrect or false information
If a tenant provides incorrect information regarding the nature of maintenance work and contractors are sent to the property needlessly, the tenant may be liable to pay all or part of the cost incurred in the call-out of the contractor.

If a contractor makes an appointment with a tenant to attend the property and the tenant doesn’t keep the appointment or fails to make other arrangements, the tenant may be liable to pay all or part of the cost incurred in the call-out of the contractor.

Any emergency repair that threatens your safety requires the immediate attention of a specialised service or organisation trained to respond to the event.

The table below outlines the most common examples. Tenants outside the metropolitan area should check what their local contact numbers are for life-threatening emergency repairs.


Event Contact company Phone number
Emergency electricity supply faults SA Power Networks 131 366
Gas – mains leak Gas Emergency Line 1800 808 526
Burst water mains SA Water 1300 883 121
Serious storm damage State Emergency Service 132 500
Fire MFS or CFS 000


Emergency water, gas or electrical problems are those that cannot be isolated by turning off the service at its mains, or it is unsafe to do so.


Priority 1 – critical maintenance requests (action within 4 hours of notification)
Critical maintenance repairs are classified as any repair work that is urgent and immediately affects your health, safety, or security.

Examples include:

  • electrical faults
  • gas leaks
  • blocked sewers
  • fire damage
  • storm damage
  • burst hot water service
  • burst water pipes
  • forced entry damage
  • broken windows


Priority 2 – urgent maintenance requests (action within 24 hours of notification)
Urgent maintenance requests are classified as any repair work that is urgent but does not immediately affect your health, safety, or security.

Examples include:

  • leaking toilet cistern
  • stove/oven not working
  • partially blocked drains
  • faulty hot water service
  • dripping taps
  • faulty door locks


Priority 3 – non-urgent maintenance requests (action within 14 days or a longer reasonable period)
Covers any other work not defined in either priority 1 or 2. If you request non-emergency maintenance repairs, you will be contacted and advised of the decision of action with the 14 days.

Examples include:

  • broken cupboard doors
  • damaged paint
  • damaged carpet
  • damaged clothesline
  • blown common lighting
  • broken towel rails
Any damage caused by the tenant, or any other person who is on the premises at the invitation or with the consent of the tenant, is the responsibility of the tenant.

Where damage has occurred to the property or repairs are needed, the tenant must notify Cornerstone so the proper repairs can be organised. If the damages are a result of the tenancy, the tenant may be invoiced the costs associated with the repair.

If the tenant has already sought a quote to repair the damage, they must first be approved by Cornerstone. Cornerstone reserves the right to obtain three quotes for repairs of the damage and use a contractor of their choice.
Intentionally or negligently causing or allowing damage to the premises is a breach of your tenancy agreement, and you may be served with a notice to remedy the breach of the agreement or vacate the premises.

Blocked drains
You may be charged for clearing blocked drains found to be caused by foreign objects (eg toys, sanitary products, food scraps, baby wipes, excessive amounts of toilet paper).

Gutters, downpipes and stormwater pipes
If possible, you should attempt to keep the roof, gutters, downpipes, and stormwater drains free from leaves and other debris that might restrict the flow of stormwater from the property. If you are unable to clean your gutters yourself, you will need to arrange your own tradesperson to do it for you at your cost. If you live in a double-storey building, Cornerstone will clean your gutters for you.

Water filtration systems
If your property has a water filtration system, it is your responsibility to maintain it and get it regularly serviced at your cost.

Picture hooks
Picture hooks and nails are not permitted without prior approval of Cornerstone. We can advise you of the types of picture hooks that are permitted upon request.

Blocked sinks
Never put food scraps or pour fat or oils down the sink. If your sink blocks due to a foreign object, try using a rubber plunger to clear the blockage. If the sink stays blocked, call our Housing Services department. If the blockage is found to be a result of something you have done, then you may be on-charged the costs associated with contracting a plumber.

Dripping taps
The rubber washers inside the taps act as a seal to stop the water leaking through the tap when closed. Over time, these can become worn and need to be replaced. Please let our Housing Services department know if this becomes the case.

Finding the water supply tap
If you ever need to turn off the water to your property in the case of a burst pipe or fitting, it is important to know where the water supply tap and meter is located.

If you live in a standard house, your meter is usually located on the front edge of the property. If you live in a flat or block of units, the supply tap is usually found within a common area.

If you cannot find it, please don’t hesitate to contact the Housing Services department. Please bear in mind that sometimes the meter can become overgrown with grass or shrubs.

If you experience any problems with vermin during your tenancy, the following guidelines may help.


As a guide, Cornerstone is responsible for the extermination of the following pests if there is an infestation at the start of the tenancy:

  • ants
  • bees and wasps (and during the tenancy if they are present in a wall cavity)
  • cockroaches, fleas and spiders
  • mice and rats
  • snakes (and during the tenancy only if the landlord breaches the agreement, eg by leaving piles of rubbish in the garden).


You are responsible if the pests listed above become a problem during your tenancy, which includes sourcing your own tradesperson.

The pests listed below are the responsibility of Cornerstone:

  • white ants
  • possums (removal and the sealing of entry points)
  • birds (removal and the sealing of entry points).
Owned by Cornerstone Housing
Heating appliances and air conditioners that belong to Cornerstone Housing may be repaired/replaced/removed at the discretion and expense of Cornerstone Housing unless tenant neglect is proven, where the cost may then be charged to the tenant.

(Please note that Cornerstone Housing is exempt from repairing heaters and air conditioners, under the Residential Tenancies Act.)

It is your responsibility as the tenant to clean and replace filter pads for any appliances, such as air conditioners, range hoods, and dryers, on a regular basis.

Under all circumstances, it will be at the discretion of Cornerstone Housing as to the servicing, repair, replacement or removal of heating appliances.

Owned by tenant
Heating systems and air conditioners owned by you are your responsibility.

Any appliances you own must only be serviced or repaired by suitably qualified and licensed tradespeople.

Any property and/or appliance owned at the end of a tenancy must be removed by a qualified tradesperson approved by Cornerstone or, with Cornerstone’s agreement, donated to Cornerstone.

Any repair or restoration costs required due to the installation or removal of your property/appliances is your responsibility.

What causes mould?
Mould can be black, grey, green or white. It often looks like a stain or smudge and may smell musty. Areas prone to mould growth are those where condensation or high humidity is present, such as kitchens or bathrooms, as well as areas with restricted ventilation, such as cupboards.
Moulds are present virtually everywhere, indoors and outdoors, and can grow on a range of materials, such as:

  • food
  • furniture and fabrics
  • walls and carpets
  • paper and timber
  • plumbing
  • decaying leaves, damp soil and compost.


Ways to reduce mould growth

  • Ventilate rooms with open windows or doors, or by using extractor fans where available.
  • Wipe away condensation.
  • On cold days, heat rooms with dry heat.
  • Open curtains and blinds during the day.
  • Open windows and doors when possible.
  • Use an exhaust fan or open a window when cooking.
  • Open a window or door or use an exhaust fan when having a shower, bath or using a clothes dryer.
  • Clean and dry surfaces that get wet regularly.


Mould removal
You can remove mould growth by using products like White King, Wipeout Mould, Domestos, Exit Mould and Selleys Rapid Mould.


Never dry-brush mould as doing so will release spores into the atmosphere that can induce allergic reactions in allergy-sensitive people.

If it is necessary to repaint mould-affected areas, please contact our Housing Services department for advice.

Internal and external alterations and additions
Any internal and external alterations or additions must always be approved by Cornerstone.

Before Cornerstone is able to approve any alterations or additions to your property, you must provide to Cornerstone, in writing, details of plans, including quotes, tradesperson’s details, council approval letters and approval from service authorities.

You may only proceed when written permission from Cornerstone has been received, along with any guidelines and conditions prescribed.

Cornerstone must be notified when work is complete and is not responsible for the maintenance of additions or alterations.

When you leave, you will be asked to make good any changes and repair any damage that the alteration or addition caused, or donate the item to Cornerstone by agreement.

Making appointments
Any contractors appointed by Cornerstone are required to contact you to make a suitable time to attend your property. Only in critical emergency situations are contractors permitted to enter your property without your permission.

Contractor behaviour
While contractors are in your home, they are expected to conduct themselves in a polite and courteous manner. They are not permitted to use your phone, power, or toilet without your permission.

If you are not happy with the contractor’s behaviour or work, contact our Housing Services department as soon as possible.

Assisting contractors
Any help you can give the contractor, such as moving furniture, keeping children or pets out the way, or turning the water on or off, will make the job easier and faster.


Your rent is calculated inline with Cornerstone’s Rent Policy, available at

All rent calculations are subject to any government policy changes that may occur in the future.

Rent must always be two weeks in advance and can be paid using a variety of methods:

  • Centrepay
  • BPay
  • internet transfer.


We recommend those tenants receiving a Centrelink payment to use the free Centrepay service offered by Centrelink.

You must notify Cornerstone as soon as possible if you or any member of your household has an income change of $20 or more per week. For example, when a new person moves in with you or your employment hours change.

You must also inform Cornerstone if your family circumstances change, such as getting married or another person moving in.

Rent reviews are conducted twice a year, around March and September (once a year for affordable and supported tenancies).

Cornerstone will require proof of income from all members of your household at the time of each review or at any other time as requested.
If you are a Centrelink recipient, you can sign an authority form allowing Cornerstone to access your income details online, saving you from having to obtain one.

Please note that Cornerstone has a contractual obligation with SAHA policy; therefore, failure to provide information for rent reviews will result in market rent being charged.


Tenants housed in community housing or supported housing must give three weeks’ written notice to Cornerstone. Your rent will be charged to the last day of the notice period.

Upon receiving your written notice, Cornerstone will be in contact to arrange an outgoing inspection and finalise your tenancy.

Download Termination Letter

Download Termination Letter

When you vacate the premises, you must make sure that it is presented in a reasonable state of cleanliness.

By the date of the outgoing inspection, you must:

  • pay your rent until the last day of your tenancy
  • remove all personal belongings
  • remove all rubbish from inside and outside of the property
  • repair any damage caused during the tenancy
  • clean the property to a reasonable state
  • pay any outstanding water or maintenance invoices
  • return the keys to the housing officer conducting the outgoing inspection
  • notify Cornerstone of your forwarding address and updated contact details for the release of your bond.


All complaints must be received in writing.

Cornerstone will act with transparency throughout the complaint handling process and will attempt to resolve all complaints within 30 days of receiving the complaint.

If a complaint is not able to be resolved, or the complainant is not satisfied with the outcome, the complainant may refer the matter to SACAT.

To lodge a complaint please click here.


After you have made a complaint, if you are not happy with the outcome, you can progress the complaint to an appeal.

What is an appeal?

An appeal means a formal application to review:

  • a decision relating to a dispute between a tenant and Cornerstone
  • a decision of Cornerstone that the tenant believes is unreasonable, oppressive or unjust.

Who can appeal?

Only the tenant who is directly impacted by the original decision has the right to appeal a decision made by Cornerstone. They will not be disadvantaged in any way by lodging an appeal.

When should I appeal a decision?

An application for appeal should only be lodged after there has been a genuine attempt to resolve the issue through mediation or conciliation.

What can’t I appeal?

  • Matters concerning an eviction made as part of a court or SACAT order
  • Tenant debts
  • Government policy
  • Decisions relating to tenant rent arrears

How can I make an appeal?

An application for appeal must be made within 30 days of the incident, decision or action after you have gone through the complaints process.

You can fill out an appeals application on our website

For more information, visit, where you will find our Appeals Policy.


Remember to notify all other agencies of your change of address and settle your accounts.

Government agencies

  • Australia Post (apply to have your mail redirected)
  • Australian Electoral Commission
  • ATO (Australian Tax Office, tax returns)
  • Centrelink (senior’s card, veteran’s affairs)
  • Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (car registration)
  • Local library membership
  • Medicare



  • Electricity account
  • Home phone
  • Gas account
  • Mobile phone
  • Internet/VoIP
  • Pay TV or streaming subscriptions



  • General practitioner
  • Dentist
  • Orthodontist
  • Chiropractor
  • Veterinarian
  • Health insurance (private)



  • School/work
  • Financial (financial advisor, accountant)
  • Banks, credit cards and credit unions
  • Insurance (car, house, home and contents)
  • Subscriptions
  • Superannuation memberships
Rent variation
Under Section 55(2)(c)(ii), Cornerstone Housing is able to increase or decrease the rent of tenants on income-based rent in line with the variations in their income by giving at least 14 days’ notice (does not apply to tenants on Market Rent).

Method of rent calculation
Under Section 55(2)(c)(iii), where there is a change in the method of calculating the rent, Cornerstone Housing must give the tenant 60 days’ written notice, specifying the date from which the change will become effective. This notice must be at least 6 months from the date of the agreement and at least 6 months from any prior change in the method of calculating rent.

Under Section 74(2)(b)(i) A Cornerstone Housing tenant can only sublet their accommodation with prior agreement of Cornerstone Housing. Cornerstone Housing has absolute discretion to withhold consent.

Maintenance and repair
Under Section 68(2)(b) of the Residential Tenancies Act 1995, Cornerstone Housing is not required to comply with Section 68(1) of the act (repair and maintain) in relation to the following items:

  • air conditioners
  • antennas
  • ceiling fans
  • washing machines
  • dishwashers
  • external blinds
  • floor coverings
  • garden sheds
  • internal blinds and curtains
  • light fittings
  • rainwater tanks, other than where the tank is the only source of water for the premises
  • refrigeration units
  • room heaters
  • spa bath motors
  • swimming pools and associated plant or equipment
  • waste disposal units
  • water pumps, other than where the water pumped is the only water supplied to the premises
  • window treatments.
We recommend that you have a bushfire plan, and we encourage you to be involved in community strategies adopted by your local council in relation to bushfire prevention and preparation.

As the tenant, you are responsible for following government recommendations and making your own decision to stay or leave your property based on your bushfire survival plan. You can contact the Bushfire Information Hotline on 1800 362 361 if you are unsure.

Please refer to the CFS website for more information on bushfire preparedness.