We have collated these resources to help you get through COVID. We will continue to add new resources, so please come back here often.

This page was last updated on 21 April 2021.

Australian Government

South Australian Government

In-home COVID-19 testing available for vulnerable tenants

Clinpath mobile pathology collection service
Do you need a pathology test, but can’t get out of the house and are now unsure what to do? Clinpath can mobilise and come to you. This is not only for select patients – soon-to-be mums, the elderly, and those in the high-risk health categories are just some of the people who have called for Clinpath’s services to be delivered at home. Or, it may be simply that you have anxiety in relation to the pandemic and need to continue to maintain your health checks.

Food assistance

Get support from a community chaplain

Chaplains are equipped with skills in pastoral care and theological training. They minister to people facing deeply distressing and traumatic situations, enabling them to better cope with periods of instability. A community chaplain from Chaplaincy Australia can meet with you, listen to your life’s struggles, and refer you to professional support services.


Counselling is considered an essential service, and as such, most services will offer phone and video counselling in place of face-to-face appointments.

Free personal counselling

Free family and relationships counselling

Low-cost counselling

Financial assistance

  • No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) – low-interest or no-interest loans through local community organisations
  • StepUP Loans by Good Shepherd Microfinance – low-interest loans offered through local community organisations
  • Good Insurance – cheaper and simpler car and home insurance, see Essentials by AAI and Insurance4That
  • Good2GoNow – cheaper household whitegoods and electronics
  • Wyatt Trust – small financial grants for household whitegoods, help with utility bills, and other essential domestic goods (must be referred by external service)


Cost of Living Concession

If you’re a South Australian receiving the Centrelink JobSeeker Payment, you could be eligible for a once-off $500 cash boost from the state government to help ease cost-of-living pressures. To check your eligibility, head to www.sa.gov.au/concessions/costofliving

  • Lutheran Community Care – material assistance and community information and referrals
  • Uniting Care Wesley Bowden 8245 7139 – food and chemist vouchers, assistance with bills and expenses, budgeting advice, and referrals
  • Uniting Care Gawler, Kapunda and Eudunda 8522 4522 – emergency assistance
  • Uniting Country SA 1300 067 777 – food, temporary transport and other practical assistance
  • The Hut Community Centre 8339 4400 – (Adelaide Hills residents only) assistance for the purchase of groceries and essential household items, fuel vouchers, part payments for vehicle registration and energy bills
  • Anglicare SA – food, clothing, pharmacy vouchers (for needed medication), shoe vouchers for children, blankets and other linen at various locations
  • Centacare Catholic Country SA – food hampers, vouchers for petrol, clothing, medical expense payments such as medications or travel and various other packs
  • Uniting SA 8440 2299 – food parcels, pre-loved clothing and shoes, linen, blankets, swags, sleeping bags, toiletries, hygiene packs and phone vouchers
  • Uniting Communities 8202 5846 – food and petrol vouchers, bus tickets, assistance with some bills and expenses, help with basic budgeting, clothing and chemist vouchers, referrals to other services

Legal assistance

Activities for kids

Activities for adults

We have made every effort to provide accurate information to the best of our knowledge at the time of publication. We recommend confirming times, dates and details directly before making any plans as details may be subject to change.